Friday, 21 August 2009

Fear

Courtesy of Joseph Tawadros:
I am a boring person. I live in a boring place, in a boring city, with boring people. I work a boring job, for a boring boss, for a boring company, for a boring salary. I love fear, it is my friend. It dictates my life. It protects me from my dreams. It helps me acquire what most people have. I like walking in shadows. They protect me from the glory of the sun. They protect me from myself and extinguish my hope to meet the light which holds adventure. It’s boring that’s true, but I am unlikely to be burned. To die curious, is my destiny. To fail my dreams, is a certainty. But I will continue to live this way, for although my dreams are big, I will never touch them. For my boring self, living content in my fearful prison hidden from the sun will never allow me to.

No comments: