When you were born, beautiful child, you glowed with the wonder of the world. And we looked down upon you, in equal wonder, bathing ourselves in your glowing perfection. You were the first child to be born into our family for nearly forty years. We had forgotten the joy of being in the presence of a sweet smelling infant.
I fell in love with you at that moment, watching you wide awake in your mother's arms. You were so tiny, but you had a look of awareness about you. And when you opened your mouth and we saw your little pink tongue we gasped with glee as we saw your uniqueness in the form of a white spot on its tip.
We were drunk on your newness for months to come. You became our drug of choice. We wanted to watch you day and night. It did not matter what involuntary act you performed, we thought it was the most wonderful act we had ever seen and we talked about it amongst ourselves.
When you entered the world, beautiful child, life was never the same again. It was better. One hundred fold. You raised us up to a new level of consciousness and existence. You caused us to love in a way that we could never have imagined. Our instincts to love and protect you became overwhelming.
When I look at you beautiful child, my love for you melts all my cares away.
2 comments:
This is fantastic. It captures the essence of having a child and how it changes your life for the better. I am sure that spyder man will get a kick out of this when he turns 21!
Yeah, it was a pretty special day when I fell madly in love with Ryder! Never thought I could love anyone as much as I love him. And now I have 2 more to love! You and Danna make beautiful babies!
Post a Comment