I have, finally, after much hard work, secured myself permanent employment. It has taken five months. Five frustrating months as I spent my evenings and weekends customising job applications and resumes and send them off in the hope that I would receive that much desired call to come in for an interview. I was somewhat picky about the sort of job I wanted and the sort of company for whom I wanted to work. Law firms were crossed off my list, never to return to. So were big multinationals with poor ethics and morals and offices in the concrete jungle of the CBD. I wanted to work for a company in which I believed, whose values matched my own.
And so I have found it. I won't divulge the name of the company. All I will say is that they do fantastic work in the world.
The other great, and oddly coincidental, thing that has happened relates to my new Indigenous Studies program that I've just started. The first subject is focusing on the "Andrew Bolt case" currently underway in Sydney and which has had me captivated for months. I was not aware that the main focus of this subject would be on this case. It has been an odd coincidence that I have been collecting material on it for months and becoming more and more obsessed with it. How odd that my subject papers turned up today and discussed it! The gods must be looking favourably upon me.
No comments:
Post a Comment